Alpha Brain is a nootropic supplement that is marketed to improve cognitive function, including memory, focus, and processing speed. It is made by Onnit Labs, a company that specializes in health and wellness products.
Alpha Brain contains a blend of natural ingredients, including:
- Alpha-GPC: A precursor to the neurotransmitter acetylcholine, which is involved in memory and learning.
- Bacopa monnieri: An herb that has been shown to improve cognitive function in older adults.
- Huperzine A: A compound that inhibits the breakdown of acetylcholine.
- L-theanine: An amino acid that promotes relaxation and focus.
- Oat straw: An herb that has been shown to improve memory and cognitive function.
Alpha Brain is a popular supplement among students, athletes, and professionals who are looking for ways to improve their cognitive performance. However, it is important to note that the scientific evidence for the effectiveness of Alpha Brain is limited.
A small randomized controlled trial (RCT) found that Alpha Brain improved recent verbal memory and executive function in healthy adults. However, larger and longer-term studies are needed to confirm these findings.
It is also important to note that Alpha Brain can interact with other medications, so it is important to talk to your doctor before taking it, especially if you have any underlying health conditions.
How to take Alpha Brain
Alpha Brain is typically taken in the morning or early afternoon, on an empty stomach. The recommended dosage is two capsules per day.
Side effects of Alpha Brain
Alpha Brain is generally well-tolerated, but some people may experience side effects such as nausea, headache, and dizziness. It is important to start with a low dosage and increase it gradually to minimize the risk of side effects.
Overall, Alpha Brain is a promising nootropic supplement with some scientific evidence to support its claims of cognitive enhancement. However, more research is needed to confirm its long-term safety and efficacy.